Unable to write to temporary folder: /tmp/

2 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   algi

Fresh Developer

• Campers
  • 29 posts
I have this error when i install the phpfox v3 beta 3.... how can fix this? i read about this and it is a problem with the file "temp" fom the server i need to do chmod 777 to this file but where is? i am install this website in a subdomain......... how can fix?

OFFLINE   algi

Fresh Developer

• Campers
  • 29 posts
I solved the problem applying this:

### 1. Open file

install/include/installer.class.php

### 2. Around line 81 find

$this->_sTempDir = Phpfox::getLib('file')->getTempDir();

### 3. Replace with

$this->_sTempDir = dirname(__FILE__) . '/temp/';

### 4. Create a new folder called

install/include/temp

### 5. Change the folder permission to

But when i finish the install in the last step i have this message in red:

not_valid_host_name

AND AFTER I CAN ENTER TO THE WEBSITE BUT I CAN´T DO ANYTHING.... I CAN´T POST A MESSAGE, UPLOAD A PICTURE, MUSI, VIDEO NEITHER O CAN USE THE SHOUTOX.... WHEN I CLICK ON SHARE THE PAGE STAY DO NOTHING ONLY SHOW THIS MESSAGE ON SHOUTBOX

Posted Image Adding your shoutout... AND THIS IS WHAT IT DOES WHEN I CLICK ON SHARE Posted Image

WHAT COULD BE? ALL FOLDER HAVE CHMOD 777 I AN INSTALLING PHPFOX ON A SUBDOMAIN

OFFLINE   algi

Fresh Developer

• Campers
  • 29 posts
Lol!!! i resolved the problem i had the wrong subdomain... i tried to install it on this domain... beta.mysite.com and i create a new subdomain call development.mysite.com and work!!! now the site work like a charm!.. another thing... before i changed the .htaccess and i had this problem "I CAN´T POST A MESSAGE, UPLOAD A PICTURE, MUSI, VIDEO NEITHER O CAN USE THE SHOUTOX.... WHEN I CLICK ON SHARE THE PAGE STAY DO NOTHING ONLY SHOW THIS MESSAGE ON SHOUTBOX" so i reupload the original .htaccess and i don´t have any problem... I THINK THIS TOPIC IS SOLVED!!! :yes:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users