Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to PHPFox Camp
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
cheap dedicated servers
Photo

[2.1.0+] Import users from vBulletin v4 or up

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

J0K3R

J0K3R

Banned

• Banned
  • 608 posts
  • LocationLocalhost
For those who are migrating from vBulletin to phpFox, this tool will allow them to import all the users, their friendships, all the forums, threads (with their polls) and posts from vBulletin to phpFox.

:: Features ::
  • Do not modifies any file, neither into phpFox nor vBulletin.
  • You can turn off this tool at the AdminCP, by just disabling the add-on.
  • Import users with their avatars (profile pictures).
  • Threads are imported with the associated poll (in case the thread have a poll) and its respective votes.
  • Threads are imported with their attributes: sticky and/or closed.
  • You can select whether to import only users, users and friendships, or import all (forums and others).
:: Requirements ::
  • PhpFox must be installed first to import data from vBulletin.
  • Site must be closed off to avoid new users to register during the import and reduce the resources consumption.
  • vBulletin database must be installed in the same server. In case this is not possible, the database should allow external connections.

:: Steps to Install ::

1. Download the attached file.
2. Unzip it in your computer.
3. Upload the content of the folder "upload/" into your site.
4. Go to the AdminCP -> Extension -> Products -> Import Products and click on "Install".
5. Go to AdminCP -> Modules -> vBimporter to proceed.

Done!

UPDATE: It is strongly recommended to run the importer with debug mode enabled, because, in case something fails, you can get the error reported by the server.

Hope this add-on be useful for you!

Attached Files

andy1074

andy1074

• Campers
  • 17 posts
very nice
very very very very
thank u
very nice
and thanks agane

Ramezov

Ramezov

Fresh Developer

• Campers
  • 48 posts
it works like magic But it doesn't support Arabic :(
when I did the import I get strange texts instead of readable Arabic.
see the screenshot below:
Posted Image

If any one can help fixing this issue I'll appreciate it .

Ramezov

Ramezov

Fresh Developer

• Campers
  • 48 posts
I've checked the phpfox forum database all text converted to strange symbols.
is it possible to fix this ? or at least someone give me and advice where to start to try fix this.

Ramezov

Ramezov

Fresh Developer

• Campers
  • 48 posts
I have the following error
Posted Image
Any help please ?

cozumel

cozumel

Fox Fan Club

• Campers
  • 1,584 posts
You had a poll module that you've deleted but the tables are still in database, you either need to drop those tables or reinstall the poll module temporarily whilst you do this.

For the strange characters, you'd need to change the collation of your database to utf-8, i think by default it's latin. Make sure you take a backup first though.

johnpaul

johnpaul

• Campers
  • 14 posts
Hi...

will this work with these versions

phpfox : 3.2
vnbull: 4

johnpaul

johnpaul

• Campers
  • 14 posts
i want this work to be done on my site ... please PM me in case u are able to do it .. and tell me price ..

bank990999

bank990999

Business Developer

• Campers
  • 271 posts
PHP v3.3 + VBB 3.8.5 ??????????

bank990999

bank990999

Business Developer

• Campers
  • 271 posts
close my comment

Edited by bank990999, 04 July 2012 - 08:15 PM.

bank990999

bank990999

Business Developer

• Campers
  • 271 posts
I was imported user, but I can not login user with old pass??? It not import pass user, why???

johnpaul

johnpaul

• Campers
  • 14 posts
1) Got following error ..

User Error: Query Error:Unknown column 'question_url' in 'field list' - include/library/phpfox/error/error.class.php (91) 1 include/library/phpfox/error/error.class.php : 91 trigger_error("Query Error:Unknown column 'question_url' in 'field list'", 256) 2 include/library/phpfox/database/driver/mysql.class.php : 187 Phpfox_Error::trigger("Query Error:Unknown column 'question_url' in 'field list'", 256) 3 include/library/phpfox/database/driver/mysql.class.php : 577 Phpfox_Database_Driver_Mysql->query("SELECT question_url AS title_url FROM phpfox_poll WHERE question_url LIKE '%please-rate-us%' /* OO Query */", Resource id #73) 4 include/library/phpfox/database/dba.class.php : 150 Phpfox_Database_Driver_Mysql->_getRows("SELECT question_url AS title_url FROM phpfox_poll WHERE question_url LIKE '%please-rate-us%' /* OO Query */", TRUE, Resource id #73) 5 include/library/phpfox/database/dba.class.php : 539 Phpfox_Database_Dba->getRows("SELECT question_url AS title_url FROM phpfox_poll WHERE question_url LIKE '%please-rate-us%' /* OO Query */") 6 include/library/phpfox/parse/input.class.php : 580 Phpfox_Database_Dba->execute("getRows") 7 module/vbimporter/include/service/poll.class.php : 39 Phpfox_Parse_Input->prepareTitle("poll", "Please Rate Us", "question_url", 3, "phpfox_poll") 8 module/vbimporter/include/service/process.class.php : 241 VBImporter_Service_Poll->addPoll(3, Array(7)) 9 module/vbimporter/include/component/controller/admincp/import.class.php : 69 VBImporter_Service_Process->importItems("polls", 0, 200) 10 include/library/phpfox/module/module.class.php : 801 VBImporter_Component_Controller_Admincp_Import->process() 11 include/library/phpfox/module/module.class.php : 406 Phpfox_Module->getComponent("vbimporter.admincp.import", Array(1), "controller") 12 include/library/phpfox/module/module.class.php : 268 Phpfox_Module->getController() 13 module/admincp/include/component/controller/index.class.php : 346 Phpfox_Module->setController("vbimporter.admincp.import") 14 include/library/phpfox/module/module.class.php : 801 Admincp_Component_Controller_Index->process() 15 include/library/phpfox/module/module.class.php : 406 Phpfox_Module->getComponent("admincp.index", Array(1), "controller") 16 include/library/phpfox/phpfox/phpfox.class.php : 1148 Phpfox_Module->getController() 17 index.php : 42 Phpfox::run()

2) users were improted BUT password and profiles re not
3) Forums and threads are not imported

It Took 5 hours on dedicated server BUT no results ......

PF version 3.2 and vb 4.

all seems messed up ..... (

please suggest ..ill pay for work if anyone can do that ..

bank990999

bank990999

Business Developer

• Campers
  • 271 posts
please repair it for v3.3

Edited by bank990999, 14 September 2012 - 02:14 AM.

cozumel

cozumel

Fox Fan Club

• Campers
  • 1,584 posts

please repair it for v3.3

It's working fine on 3.3.

bank990999

bank990999

Business Developer

• Campers
  • 271 posts